Winter training for all team members begins on Monday, December 2 and is open to both those who participated in fall rowing and those who are new to the team. Winter training is mandatory for all athletes planning to row in the spring (if you are participating in another sport in the winter, speak to a coach at the registration meeting about a waiver).
Novice-Only Winter Registration Meeting
There will be an important Novice Registration meeting for parents on Thursday, Oct. 24 at 7:30PM in the B-CC Cafeteria, where you will have the opportunity to find out more from the coaches and varsity parents about winter training, submit your registration and learn more about the team’s major fundraiser--selling holiday wreaths in early November. Wreath packets will be delivered to varsity athletes at practice -- there is no need for varsity parents to attend the meeting.
Winter Training Schedule: Monday 12/2/13 through Friday 2/28/14 (M-F, excluding school holidays). After school at Washington Sports Club in downtown Bethesda; exact times TBD.
Winter Training Registration Fee: $260 made payable to B-CC Crew Boosters is due by November 2, 2013.
Looking Ahead to Spring Season: Practice starts on the water on approximately 3/3/14 (weather dependent) and runs through mid-May. The team practices every day after school at Thompson Boat Center in Georgetown. On days with poor weather or river conditions, practice will be at Washington Sports Club in Bethesda. During spring season, the team competes in locations including Georgetown, the Occoquan, the Eastern Shore, and Philadelphia. Regattas are held on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
TO REGISTER FOR WINTER:
Novice and Varsity Athletes Who Rowed in Fall 2013 Season:
1. By Nov. 2nd, submit the registration fee of $260 [made payable to B-CC Crew Boosters] to Libby Williams at the Novice Meeting or to 3806 Montrose Dr, Chevy Chase, MD 20815. 2. Pick up wreath sales packet at last practice. 3. All other paperwork is already complete!
Novice and Varsity Athletes Who Did Not Row in Fall 2013 Season:
Please read through and then complete the following steps:
- Complete the Online Registration Process. Click on the appropriate gray box below (SCROLL WAY DOWN if you are looking for Varsity Boys/Girls!), then follow the instructions. Note that the account holder will be the PARENT who completes the process. You will be prompted to provide information about the Participant (Student Athlete) and additional Parents later. Please complete the process only once per athlete. The final step will allow you to choose a payment method. We encourage all families to pay by check this season as we are charged a finance fee for credit card processing. If you have any questions, contact Libby Williams for assistance williamslibby [at] verizon [dot] net.
Prepare the forms you are prompted to download during the online process, including:
- Physical Evaluation Form (submit only the last page, "Clearance Form")
- Medical Card for Athlete
- Participation Agreement, Consent to Participate and Waiver (signed by athlete and parents)
- Swim Test Certification Form (not required for returning athletes)
- Complete the US Rowing Online Waiver: all new athletes must complete a waiver by clicking the link above. Enter the athlete code: Z96KM Search by the student’s last name and birth date and follow the prompts to add student information and complete the waiver.
- Make your check in the amount of $260 payable to B-CC Crew Boosters (unless you paid by other method). Need-based financial assistance is available; download the Financial Assistance Request Form prior to online registration for more information.
- Pick up a wreath sales packet at the registration meeting.
Subscribe to our Listserv: Don't miss out on important messages! Subscribe to our listserv to be notified through e-mail about practice times, regatta logistics, changes of schedule and other important messages. Because we have almost 100 athletes, it is not always possible to send out individual e-mail to every family, so the listserv is our primary mode of communication. Subscribe by sending an email to: BCCRowing-subscribe [at] yahoogroups [dot] com
Athletes must complete all steps above prior to participation in practice. If you cannot attend the Registration Meeting or are a returning athlete, please deliver your materials to Libby Williams at 3806 Montrose Dr, Chevy Chase by November 2nd. Please submit all materials together. Partial registrations cannot be accepted and coaches will not collect registration materials. Thank you for your cooperation. [Scroll all the way to the bottom to find Varsity Rowing links.]